Click here for the 2014-15 Club Ice Schedule
Pricing of Club Ice Sessions
Click here for the 2013-14 Pricing of Club Ice Sessions.
Discount cards and the season pass can be obtained from the ice monitor of our club sessions. Credit cards are not accepted. Please make out checks to the order of the ESSEX SKATING CLUB.
The Official Unofficial Rules for Club Ice Sessions
We would like to use this opportunity to bring up the matter of “safety, etiquette and courtesy” during club ice.
- Skaters MUST pay prior to their skating. Parents are no longer allowed to come in the last five minutes of the session and pay. This has become a major problem with parents who eventually never enter the rink.
- Skaters are allowed to go on the ice 5 minutes earlier than their requested session, in order to warm up.
- There is no prorated fee for skaters who are either late or want to only skate for less than the allotted session.
RULES WHILE ON THE ICE:
- There is no drinking or eating on the ice.
- Skaters and coaches on lesson do have the right of way and priority .
- Skaters doing a routine MUST wear a vest, and you should make an announcement for other skaters to be cautious.
- There will be no attached synchro practices. Skaters may practice their routines and steps alone. There will be no playing of synchro music during club sessions. They can practice synchro linked with a coach.
- Often during testing or competition times the ice is crowded, if necessary make an announcement or speak to a skater in order to ward off any impending accidents.
- Doors to the ice rink should remain closed.
- Skaters and coaches on lesson have priority when it comes to playing their music and doing their routines.
- Follow the “routine” with the microphone in order to clear other skaters who may come in the way. You should announce “skater with the orange/yellow vest has the right of way” (something to that effect)
- Routines are played in the same order as requested.
- THE SKATER MUST HAVE THE MUSIC ON A CD. COACHES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THE EQUIPMENT FOR THEIR OWN AUDIO EQUIPMENT, DUE TO DAMAGE TO THE SPEAKERS